Guten tag Reader -
Wow, it's our last newsletter for 2022. Thanks for being part of The Berlin Life community. We now have more than 8,000 members on Facebook, 1,500 on the mailing list, and about 10,000 monthly website readers. 🎉
1) I've created two brand new Berlin Life guides:
- A Rundown On The €3,000 Inflation Bonus In Germany - The €3,000 inflation bonus in Germany intends to help residents during tough economic times. Find out all you need to know about the bonus.
- These Are The Berlin Public Holidays In 2023 - 2023 is upon us and it’s time to start planning your holidays. Use this list of Berlin public holidays to get started.
2) I've been pretty busy updating a lot of our existing Berlin Life guides. You might like these:
- A Moving To Berlin Guide – Move Here & Settle In Like A Local - This moving to Berlin guide will help you settle in like a local. We cover finding a flat, kita, getting a bank account, SIM card, and more. ➡️ It's been updated with new info and links to helpful sites.
- Why The New German Chancenkarte Is Problematic - The German Chancenkarte (opportunity card) is being promoted as a way to easily immigrate to Germany when it’s actually anything but helpful. ➡️ Added in the recent developments that some immigration law changes have been approved but the details are still being worked out.
3) Companies hiring in Berlin right now:
4) Fresh news on getting German citizenship:
- New Berlin citizenship centre will simplify application process - A new citizenship center should arrive in 2024 and streamline Berlin's chaotic processes. Let's not get our hopes up yet.
- Fast-track German citizenship will require C1 language skills, SPD reveals - In other words, learn German! 😉
5) General news from Germany:
- 2023 in Germany: All of the changes you need to know about - Payments for a lot of things are increasing, there will be big changes to social benefits schemes and more.
- Musk Destroys Tesla Image in Germany - Who would have thought? 🤨
6) Fun news coming out of Germany:
- The 10 most German things to happen in Germany in 2022 - One woman offs another woman at the hospital because her ventilator was too loud. Yep!
- Germany: Döner ousts currywurst as fast-food favorite - This makes complete sense. No one buys currywurst after hours of clubbing - it's always a Döner.
- Most embarrassing Berliners of 2022 - Some pretty "special" people appear on this list.
7) As always, I encourage you to join our community beyond this newsletter or get CV and cover letter help from me:
- Join more than 8,000 others on Facebook
- Connect with other job seekers looking for work in Germany, as well as employees using our LinkedIn connect and exchange list
- It would be cool if you shared our website with others
- I'm on holiday until the second week of Jan, but career coaching sessions are available, as well as 15-minute free consultations (!) if you are unsure about booking and want to know how it all works.
That's all for now! Wish you a very happy new year and see you in the next one!
Until next time,
Founder - The Berlin Life