Hi there everyone -
It's almost September and we're back in your mailbox to share the latest and greatest happenings from the The Berlin Life.
1) We've been on fire and have added four new items to our Berlin guides section:
- The Top Five English Language Podcasts in Berlin - Aspiring or current Berliner? If you’re a fan of podcasts, we got you covered with these top English language podcasts in Berlin.
- What are the most highly demanded jobs in Germany? - If you want to move to Berlin (or anywhere else in the country), see these highly demanded jobs in Germany & how to make your move a reality.
- How Because Berlin Helps People Move To Berlin And Find Work - Because Berlin is an official and free public service offering advice in English for anyone looking to move to Berlin and find work.
- Build Your Network With These Berlin Startup Meetups - Build or expand your professional network in the German capital startup meetups where you can mingle with founders, pitch ideas, & more.
2) We added a new career guide about how to properly research a company you want to work for! It's available for the super low price of $1 US (you can also donate more if you like). The aim is to build a fund to pay more writers to develop useful content for you.
3) We shared some pretty cool content in our Facebook group since our last newsletter:
- I'm NOT an Elon Musk fan, but like it or not, a Tesla factory in Berlin is coming our way. They plan on offering tours to the public in October and are hiring a lot of locals.
- A new project has been launched to bring qualified workers from Afghanistan to Germany. Sign up to become a buddy to provide CV feedback and connect Afghan workers to your professional network in Germany.
- This queer cleaning company in Berlin is hiring and they look like an amazing team to work with.
- Bolt just secured $733 million in funding and are growing into new services, even delivering groceries to compete with Uber, Gorillas etc. They're also hiring in Berlin.
- Lieferando is now offering unlimited employment contracts to their couriers in Germany, a big step forward for the food delivery industry who tends to have very poor woking conditions.
- Black Brown Berlin has a new Youtube channel. They're a "community directory & platform celebrating our culture and community in Berlin. We aim to empower black and brown people with knowledge and accessibility to the happenings in Berlin so that we can continue to grow as a community."
- Humanoo is hiring in Berlin and just secured a big round of funding. They offer an "automated digital health solution for productive teams & healthy people".
- Flink, is another German company who benefitted from a fresh round of funding. They're also hiring in Berlin.
- Good news for anyone thinking about moving to Germany, the country is facing a massive shortage of skilled workers!
4) What's next? We're taking a much needed and long overdue break. As I'll be on vacation in Toronto for most of September, you won't see too much action on the website or in the Facebook group. In October, I'll have more things to share, including announcements for (free!) fall career workshops and networking events.
Thanks for sticking around with us. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out - send an email to email@example.com.