The Berlin Life Has A New Website, AI powered Cover Letters, & Other News
Guten tag Reader -
Hallo from Berlin! Super stoked about this week's newsletter as I've lots of exciting information to share. 💕
News on The Berlin Life front:
- I've redesigned the website from top to bottom! It has a whole new look and feel, and is organized to help you easily find the content you're looking for. ➡️ Take a look at the main page, our Berlin Life Guides page, and our Your Career In Berlin page.
- You can continue to find more information about career coaching.
- I've added two new services! For the budget conscious, you can get a CV/cover letter quick review. You can also book a session with me to ask me anything and everything about moving to Germany for work with a mentor hour.
- Our community continues to grow as we have 8,288 Facebook fans and 1,554 on the mailing list. 🥳
A new Berlin Life guide:
- FAQ: Unsolicited (or Cold) Applications In Germany - Many jobs aren’t publicly advertised on company websites. Read our FAQ and find work by submitting unsolicited applications in Germany. ➡️ I took last week's newsletter and turned it into a proper guide you can go back to for future reference.
Weigh in on relevant issues:
- I'd love to know what you think about working and living in Germany and then share it back with our community. So I've created a "poll of the week" where I'll ask different questions each week.
- The first question is: What do you think about cover letters? Vote in our poll! It will only take a few seconds to add your input.
- I'll share the results in next week's newsletter.
AI Be Crazy 🤖
- A cover letter to get you hired. AI-powered. Here's how - Imagine has come out with a tool to help you generate a cover letter. It's actually not bad! While I'd still recommend writing the cover letter yourself, AI will provide you with a good draft to work from.
Companies hiring in Germany right now:
- Signa Sports (Berlin)
- Ryte (Munich)
- Amadeus FiRe (Germany)
- Cybex (Bayreuth)
- Join (Berlin)
- Clarke (Frankfurt)
- ProgressMaker (Hamburg)
- TUI (Hannover)
- Thinkport (Germany)
- Sharing is caring, as they say. If you know of any good jobs or companies that are hiring right now, email me and I'll include it in a future newsletter. 🚀
Happenings in Germany:
- How You Will Benefit from the Strompreisbremse in Germany - Energy costs are through the roof right now and thankfully, the government is doing something about it by implementing a price brake. Don't miss our guide on how to save energy in Germany as well.
- Scholz: Germany 'getting through winter' without crisis - We are 100% off Russian gas!
- Opinion: Germany's economy faces huge challenges - The economy is fairing well despite the challenges, but it doesn't mean we can relax just yet.
- Exhausted Tesla workers deplore factory conditions in Brandenburg - The dramatic saga at the Gigafactory continues.
- What is written in Germany’s draft dual citizenship law? - Find out more details on the ongoing effort to pass dual citizenship into law.
- 10 questions you might have about moving to Germany (and the answers) - Some great tips for those aspiring to call Germany home.
Our standard bits:
- Be part of our growing community on Facebook and connect with other job seekers with our LinkedIn connect and exchange list
- Use Resume.io to create a well designed cover letter or CV.
- Whether you're a long time local or newbie in Berlin, book a guided tour (or other fun experience). 😊
Reader, I wish you a wonderful week ahead.
See you in the next one,
Founder - The Berlin Life