Guten abend Reader -
Happy Sunday! I hope you all had a lovely weekend. Let's get right into this week's newsletter.
- Our community keeps growing as we have 8,295 Facebook fans and 1,594 on the mailing list. As always, thanks for following us! 🥳
- If you love what we do, the biggest compliment would be to recommend us to others. 💞
Our newest Berlin Life guide:
- Is Changing Employers In Germany A Good Idea? - When you switch jobs multiple times, it can impact your ability to find work. How about changing employers in Germany? Read our take.
We updated some guides as well:
- Companies In Berlin Hiring Right Now - Are you looking for a job in Berlin? Then check out this ever-growing list of companies in Berlin that are hiring right now.
- How To Find A Job In Berlin: An Honest & Detailed Guide - An honest and detailed guide with job-hunting tips from a local career coach advising you on how to find a job in Berlin in 2023.
If you missed our last newsletter, be sure to check it out:
Companies hiring in Berlin right now:
- Sharing is caring, as they say. If you know of any good jobs or companies that are hiring right now, email me and I'll include it in a future newsletter. 🚀
News and other happenings in Germany right now:
- Can you be fired for partying during sick leave in Germany?
- Workers in Germany will soon be able to take one-year funded educational leave
- The latest newsletter from 20% Berlin features a round-up on even more happenings - Btw, you should totally subscribe to their newsletter to get the latest and greatest news from Berlin in English
- Berlin-based B2B payments startup Mondu locks in €12 million as it expands globally - Might be a good time to apply for a job there!
- I secretly spend winters in the Canary Islands and only go to the office a few months of the year. I'm happier, healthier, and more productive. - While I don't recommend lying to your employer, I can see why this guy wants to get out of Germany during winter. 🏖️
Last week, we ran a poll about asking people what they thought about cover letters. Here are the results:
Cover letters are the way to go if you want to get a job, but many people hate doing them and some even think they're a total waste of time. Stay tuned for next week, when we feature our next poll! 🗳️
Do you know I have a travel blog as well? Here's some of my favourite posts about Berlin:
- Locals Recommend These 16 Day Trips From Berlin - Experience Germany with these day trips from Berlin. Expect quirky architecture, postcard scene Old Towns, and plenty of food and drink tips.
- A Local’s Favourite Things About Berlin - Berlin is a city loved & written about by many. Read this account by local Fiona Laughton, who tells us her favourite things about Berlin.
- 5 Unusual Places In Berlin (Tips From A Longtime Local) - Venture to parts of the city where there aren’t so many tourists to experience these five unusual places in Berlin.
Our standard bits:
- Be part of our growing community on Facebook and connect with other job seekers with our LinkedIn connect and exchange list
- Use Resume.io to create a well designed cover letter or CV.
- Whether you're a long time local or newbie in Berlin, book a guided tour (or other fun experience). 😊
See you in the next one,
Founder - The Berlin Life